In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

reloading??

I would like to start reloading.45 acp, 40 s&w,38's. I have reloaded shotgun shells but never any brass. What would I need? I am starting from scratch with everything but the brass.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Start with a good data book, most have all the instructions that you will need for loading. For pistol carbide dies are the ticket. I use an RCBS little dandy powder measure but I still check it with a scale once in a while. A deburring/champhering tool is good to have. If you shoot a lot a progressive press would be nice, I just use my single stage for everything rifle/pistol, its a lot slower but I have the time. I flash hole uniform all my brass with the Lyman tool. Use a loading block, inspect powdered cases for double or missing charge before seting bullets on them.
  • SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dillon 550 with extra tool heads. Problem solved!!![:D]
  • B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on carbide pistol ties.

Load up on bullets, lead will shoot great through all three calibers, unless you have polygonal rifling in the automatics.

Small pistol primers for the 38 and 40, large for the 45.

Alliant unique or hodgdon Clays are two popular powders, and all three cartridges have data available using this powder. You could buy a 4lb keg and save some money.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • gangrenegangrene Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No way you can reload with hair like that!!!!!!