In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need load data for 300 win mag

I have alot of 168gr FMJBT .30 cal that i want to load for the 300 win mag. I'll be using hodgon H4831 powder

Comments

• Options
    k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    There must be a reference, somewhere on the internet. [:D]
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    someone told me to go to the powder manuf site and it should be listed there. I did check it out and found what i need. I'm very new to reloading and just wanted to get some idea's for this load to compare. My manual didnt have any load data for this powder.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    seems like everyone agrees on 72gr being a good starting point i think i will go from there.
  • Options
    oneoldsaponeoldsap Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might want to give IMR-4350 a try . I have had good luck with it in .300 Win. Mag 165 with Gr. bullets.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    74gr RL22 under a 180gr pills with the 215 primer works wonders in several I have worked with. You might bump that charge a hair and try the 168's.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC
    74gr RL22 under a 180gr pills with the 215 primer works wonders in several I have worked with. You might bump that charge a hair and try the 168's.

Most of the manual i checked along with the powder manuf, all state 72 gr min and 75 to 76 max load. all except hornady it state 71.9 max I figured 72 would be a safe start and work up from there sense the one manual does state there max load under what the other have for a starting load.