In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AA Hulls

sirgknightsirgknight Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
anyone have a few hulls they want to get rid of...I'm new into reloading. if so, please email me. thanks.

Comments

• BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me throw out a warning to you on AA hulls. There is the old style and the new "High Compression" style. They can't be interchanged as they take a different amount of compression to seat the wad. My memory fades on me on this next point. On some gauges and I think 12ga may be one of them you also have to use a different wad. Hopefully someone on the forum can verify this part. You can tell the difference in the AA hulls by the AA. The old style has a thicker and wider AA. While the new style has a small, compact AA.
    I use some of the old style AA hulls but have mostly switched over to the Remington STS hulls. They use the same data and wad and actually last a few loadings longer for me.
  • deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a wad bag full of once fired 20 ga.if interested slip me an email,Bob
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    What guage are you looking for ?
  • sirgknightsirgknight Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't realize there were different AA hulls and the ones that I just received from an auction on ebay were the newer type I guess. They have the plain small AA. Some of my older hulls have the larger AA with a black square drawn around the A's. I have already reloaded some of the newer ones using green dot powder with the claybuster WAA12 1 1/8 oz. replacement wads. They seemed to have loaded very easily and make a very nice reload. I haven't fired them yet, but I don't expect any problems. Thanks for the info.
  • b00merb00mer Member Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have all the 12 gauge hulls you could want, email me
  • sirgknightsirgknight Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Boomer, I sent you email.