In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reload PTR-91 brass?

nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
Can brass fired in the JLD Enterprises PTR-91 be reloaded? I know other G3/HK-91 clones have a fluted chamber that makes reloading brass run through them difficult or impossible, but is this true of the PTR-91?

Comments

• Options
    je2140je2140 Member Posts: 225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've reloaded HK91 brass (mainly Lake City) over 10 times/case with no problem for 25 years.
    I didn't even switch from large base to small base dies, until I switched from HK to other semi auto's.
    Just maintain case length and watch for split neck's after they have been shot a while.
    The burns on the outside of the case doesn't hurt the case, probably reduce chamber wear it you clean them.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by je2140
    I've reloaded HK91 brass (mainly Lake City) over 10 times/case with no problem for 25 years.
    I didn't even switch from large base to small base dies, until I switched from HK to other semi auto's.
    Just maintain case length and watch for split neck's after they have been shot a while.
    The burns on the outside of the case doesn't hurt the case, probably reduce chamber wear it you clean them.

I've heard it's pretty much impossible to reload brass from a delayed blowback rifle. Interesting.
  • Options
    oneyotieoneyotie Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also have reloaded brass fired from a PTR-91 several times. You can still see some of the flutes but they perform as new. I watch for signs of case failure during each reloading session.