In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

leverevolution component bullets

GTRiemGTRiem Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
hornadys FTX bullets are to be avalible soon[:)] ,i've seen them on 1 suppliers web pg. but some cals are backorderd...have you seen these component bullets avalible anywhere yet?
thanks,GTR

Comments

• mx88mx88 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i got the bullets from midway. but they stick in the seater plug of the die. i called rcbs and they said in a month or two they would have a plug that would handle these bullets
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw that Cabella's had some of them available in their shooting catalog.
  • GTRiemGTRiem Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok,i was just at cabelas site and didnt even think to look for these bullets..duh.
    i am looking to load for 444marlin and 45-70,i've never loaded for these and was waiting until i could get these bullets.Both die sets are rcbs-are you saying the bullet gets hung up in the seating die?does it damage the point?what will i be needing to replace on the dies,a new plug they are making for this particular bullet?(as i said i have zero experiance loading these rounds,for any type bullet)
    thanks,GTR
  • mx88mx88 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i can only speak for the 35 remington dies. it did not hurt the tip of the bullet but it wouldnt load them, when i lowered the shell down the bullet stuck in the seater plug. i made a plug from a piece of wood and glued it in the seater plug till they get it figured out at rcbs. i may never call them because now it loads the bullets fine.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Has anyone reloaded the 45-70 yet? Any problems with these?
  • GTRiemGTRiem Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the replys,can i get an opinion on powder choice,as i said never loaded the 444 or 45-70 before .is powder volume a concern?what works? ie does the bullet compress,or is the case only 1/3 full?
    i dont have enough types of powder on hand to compare...weight/volume.i also hope(for my convienence) to use the same powder in both if possible. the goal is to load for these FTX bullets,but will also use JHP
    hope this is clear enough questions its still early[:)]
    GTR