In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NEW TO PAINTBALL! SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!

I'm new to paintball and I don't know how to open co2 canisters, somebody help.

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    You might want to post the question in the Paintball Forum where a fine you gentleman named ROBOSLAPPY will be glad to moderate you.

[:D][:p][}:)]

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

You might want to post the question in the Paintball Forum where a fine you gentleman named ROBOSLAPPY will be glad to moderate you.

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

Not a polite way to speak of relitives. Don[:D]

"I would not mind being the last man on earth just to see if all those girls were telling me the truth"
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will a moderator please move this to the proper forum? CaptKirk would have already moved it by now. Where's Roboman when you need him?
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

Not a polite way to speak of relitives. Don[:D]

"I would not mind being the last man on earth just to see if all those girls were telling me the truth"

We only hurt the ones we love!!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

• CrittergitterCrittergitter Member Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by victoryguy11
    I'm new to paintball and I don't know how to open co2 canisters, somebody help.

Its very simple. See the small end of the canister? Shoot it off with a rubber band gun.[}:)]

If your beliefs aren't based in fact, TRUTH is the first casualty...
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    step 1) take swiss army knife out of pocket
    step 2) remove the O-ring from top of bottle, (place in pocket)
    step 3) repeatedly bang neck of canister against cement brick
    step 4) if top of canister does not open dispose of canister and buy new one. [:D]

00016286.jpg
    00023904.jpg
    "Gunner sabot tank! Identify! UP! Fire! ON THE WAY!!" <<boom>>

"It's all about shot placement..."
    awcountdown_sm.gif
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is see oh two?

sniper.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idsman75
    Will a moderator please move this to the proper forum? CaptKirk would have already moved it by now. Where's Roboman when you need him?

IDSMAN, I only can control what is already on the paintball board. I cannot move posts TO the board, only out of it.

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • splatzonesplatzone Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    victoryguy11 if you talking about the co2 tank 9-20oz tanks. why do you need to open these? these should be done by your local dealer only.. if not done right you will kill your self..

if not those please explain

Jess Carroll
    Splat Zone Paintball
    7610 West Nob Hill #99
    Yakima WA 98908
    509-574-5743
    http://www.splatzone.net
    http://paintballtourney.com
  • silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    maybe splat what we should ask him is what do you mean by open CO2 canister victoryguy11? You shouldn't per say open up a co2 canister. If you mean release the gas from your co2 tank into your marker then that is going to depend on the type of tank you have. If you have the pin valve type tank then you just screw it on and the valve is depressed releaseing the gas. If you have an on off valve then you'll need to first screw the tank onto your marker then turn the valve on the tank to the open position to gas up the marker. Remember with the on off valve tanks there will still be gas in the line after you turn it off before you unscrew it. To avoid an accidental discharge and an accidental injury I would turn you marker upside down after turning off your tank. Then discharge you leftover gas in your marker untill it nolonger fires and then you can unscrew the tank. Same thing if you use a pin valve tank only difference being clear the markers chamber then unscrew the tank alittle then shoot out the left over air. If you do it right you wont have that big rush of air as you unscrew it but if you do no big deal just gets on my nerves. Also remember safety first newbie. Paintball aproved mask on at all times while the threat of a marker discharge is around. Even when just practicing or tweeking you marker. And barrel plugs in or barrel bag on after marker is cleared of balls. A mask, a barrel bag or plug when you dont think you needed it have saved my eyes and others around me many a time. Its only a game but It can take you sight forever if you arent careful. Be safe, ask questions, and have fun.

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Patbuzzard..
    The danish aerial authorities saw a small bottle-like object on their screens last night.

Could it be he followed your advice???

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.

The only way to get stoned??? - Whisky on the rocks.!!
    edited November -1
    You never know! I have seen compressed air bottles go flying in such a manner (a buddies regulator failed!) that was fun (no one was hurt thank god) but seriously I would hope that anyone playing this game that didn't know what they were doing would at least read the directions, and not follow the random ramblings of some crazy Buzzard on a message board [:)]

00016286.jpg
    00023904.jpg

awcountdown_sm.gif
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    [:D]

I've seen a 20gallon O2-tank, 200 bar take off into the harbour.
    The durn thing looked like a torpedo for a split second.
    It was just skipping the watersurface at incredible speed.

Anyhoo, It was just a goof with the areial authorities =o) But it could happen.

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.

The only way to get stoned??? - Whisky on the rocks.!!
    edited November -1
    quote:I've seen a 20gallon O2-tank, 200 bar take off into the harbour.
    The durn thing looked like a torpedo for a split second.
    It was just skipping the watersurface at incredible speed

SWEET!!![:D] [:D]

00016286.jpg
    00023904.jpg

awcountdown_sm.gif