In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Case tumblers

What brand of case tumbler do you own? What brand of case tumbler would you recomend?

Comments

• victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    Who makes big case tumblers.Iwould like to do 10 to 15 lbs at atime.Thanks for any info.
  • victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    How necessary are case tumblers to the reloader who isn't high volume??? I like to find 1 or 2 loads for each of my rifles or handguns and then load up a box (20) of each. What is the best way to hand clean /polish brass?????
  • ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had a Lyman for about 15 years. It works.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Midway.

Anything by Lyman, RCBS, Midway, Dillon are excellent choices. I bought mine used with two different media loads for about $35 off fleabay.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a dillon that I got a great deal on.
  • ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    I have a lyman
  • B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dillon is great if you have a lot of cases or you want to do alot of mixed cases and seperate them. In other words 1000 223's or 500 223's and 600 9mm together with 200 357. If you do less then buy smaller. All the shakers on the market today are very efficient within their capacity.Use the correct media and a good polish and you will not be dissapointed.Some people on this forum reccomend rice. I only have used walnut hulls as I have a lot of that stuff. Also consider buying a seperator for 25 bucks or so. It will save you some time.Rifle cases especially large capacity small bore (22-250) tend to hold media even after a good skaking so check them out visually for that hidden chunk before sizing.
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Quit fooling around with those dust makers, and check out the Ultra sonic cleaning on 6br.com.
    They will get your cases so clean inside and out you can toss one into a box of new ones and never find it again.
  • dg101windg101win Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a Midway for years until the motor gave up. Replaced it with a Dillon-the big one works great. I load for handguns only and usually wait until I have at least 500 empties before I turn it on.
    Their case/media separator is great also.
  • bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy the one that is "On Sale"!
    JM
  • RustyNailRustyNail Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Lyman 1200 that scrubs the cases but quick. I added a Lyman 2400 that has a huge capacity but is much slower. My guess is that both models have the same motor which is plenty powerful for the 1200 but weak for the larger 2400. I recommend the Lyman 1200 for general purposes but I wouldn't replace the 2400 with a like model.