In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington Sps Tactical

Has anybody had any experience on the preformance of this gun, or should I just stick with a Savage.

Comments

• dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    You mean PSS don't you? I have a PSS-LTR, that is the shorter barrel model. I got it for a good price, and it is shorter and lighter. That is the only reason I sold my Savage Tactical.They both are one holers at 100yds. with the ammo they like. If the Savage has the new trigger all the better. Some of the Remington triggers need adjusting from the factory. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Buy the one thet feels best and fits your budget.Buy a good scope fro either one you get, don't scrimp on one.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not shot or looked at a SPS Tactical yet, but I can vouch for the SPS Varmint(which is very comparable to the tactical). I have a SPS Varmint in .22-250 and it is a very nice and well put together gun. Shoots good and consitent groups and has a nice feel to it. Plus it's built on that good ole' 700 action. It appears that the only differences from the Varmint and the Tactical are the very handy little 20" barrel and a regular forend like the regular SPS models. What caliber you looking at getting?

Jon
  • Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    The SPS are nice for what they are, but the triggers are horable and Remingtons new trigger is a joke. Add that to the fact that Remingtons quality control has been slipping and the overall quality of their rifles are going down hill. I would seriously be looking at a Savage, very accurate and they have the best trigger on the market. There is no currently made rifle under $2500 that can top the Long Range Percesion Varmiter. I would not have said this 5 years ago, but Savage is making the best rifle in the US today. If you want the SPS, go for it, if you want something better for less money, get a Savage.