In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Your worst paintball induced injury?

PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
I was playing rec ball a couple years ago. The enemy had a combination of Spyders and Tippman 98s. My buddies had automags and autocockers. I had my P68SC (with wire stock) and my pgp on my hip. My buddy took out a guy on their left flank, so i was able to run the tape line, and get on the other side of a bunker from a guy who had no clue i was there, I snuck around the side, and point blanked the clueless guy in the boot(figured i would be nice and not hurt him) I took his place at the bunker, *(his team was clueless as to me taking the place of thier comrade.) The guy I had just tagged responds by getting up, walking 3 feet away, and lighting me up. I was hit about 20 times right in the kidney. Fortunately the ref tackled the guy before I got to him, I was about to but stroke him with my wire but stock. I was so pissed. The managment made him pack up and go home. I still have the scars to this day.

00016286.jpg
00023904.jpg
"Gunner sabot tank! Identify! UP! Fire! ON THE WAY!!" <<boom>>

"It's all about shot placement..."
awcountdown_sm.gif

Comments

• HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Bleeding nose.. (while playing Arctic paintball.. when you run, gets hit.. it's hard to stop.. hit nose first into an oildrum.

Othervise just blue and black marks.

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.

The only way to get stoned??? - Whisky on the rocks.!!
  • splatzonesplatzone Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    um does injures from fights count?

here is a nice one for ya..

http://www.splatzone.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=6&pos=19

the prev game this kid had a chance to bunker me.. he did but wouldn't shoot me.. well the next game i bunkered him and shot him..

Jess Carroll
    Splat Zone Paintball
    7610 West Nob Hill #99
    Yakima WA 98908
    509-574-5743
    http://www.splatzone.net
    http://paintballtourney.com
  • ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got fired up and hit in the throat at about 5 feet.

Shot in the sack at point blank during CQB force on force training. No cup.

[V]
  • splatzonesplatzone Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ouch that has to hurt

Jess Carroll
    Splat Zone Paintball
    7610 West Nob Hill #99
    Yakima WA 98908
    509-574-5743
    http://www.splatzone.net
    http://paintballtourney.com
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Super Bowel Sunday in 1999 broke that round bump of a bone on my right ankle that keeps your foot from going left to right in 180* in a rubbery way (can you say Jell-o?). Four Screws, Two lifers as in I got two holding that bone in place. Also, that thinner bone that's behind the larger bone (shin) busted that in three places (still broken). Off and out of game for 3 months long enough to build my Minimag courtecy of State Disability Checks. It was thereapy I'd say.
  • sabb0007sabb0007 Member Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This isn't my personal injury but one I dealt out. I was playing at Splat paintball in Layton, Utah. It was five friends and I, pretty much everybody had Tippmann 98s, nothing any better anyways. There were two teams of six. They have a barn and a bunch of those huge wire spools to hide behind and trenches in the ground. It is a pretty cool place but it is pretty much a desert. We were playing a buch of young hicks, you know the guys with the big trucks who talk loud. Anyways they wasted us in the barn area because whenever we shot them they just wiped and cheated. We lost twice there that was pretty crappy. Then we played some speedball on the speedball court. For the first five minutes all that happened was a lot of shooting and two guys on my team ran out of ammo. They kept dryfiring anyways, pretend cover fire. I was able to sneak around to the side of one of the spools and pepper one of the hick cheaters in the back from about four feet away. It was glorious, as I ran back for cover I was able to take out another one of the a-holes, all the while hearing the first guy yelling F&!k again and again. About three minutes later when the game ended, I was the only one on my team with any ammo left (I just carry more), and those stupid hicks were already gone when we got off the course. It was a glorious battle. Justice was served. I'm sure that about six balls from four feet away and 300fps will leave a pretty good mark.
  • sabb0007sabb0007 Member Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This isn't my personal injury but one I dealt out. I was playing at Splat paintball in Layton, Utah. It was five friends and I, pretty much everybody had Tippmann 98s, nothing any better anyways. There were two teams of six. They have a barn and a bunch of those huge wire spools to hide behind and trenches in the ground. It is a pretty cool place but it is pretty much a desert. We were playing a buch of young hicks, you know the guys with the big trucks who talk loud. Anyways they wasted us in the barn area because whenever we shot them they just wiped and cheated. We lost twice there that was pretty crappy. Then we played some speedball on the speedball court. For the first five minutes all that happened was a lot of shooting and two guys on my team ran out of ammo. They kept dryfiring anyways, pretend cover fire. I was able to sneak around to the side of one of the spools and pepper one of the hick cheaters in the back from about four feet away. It was glorious, as I ran back for cover I was able to take out another one of the a-holes, all the while hearing the first guy yelling F&!k again and again. About three minutes later when the game ended, I was the only one on my team with any ammo left (I just carry more), and those stupid hicks were already gone when we got off the course. It was a glorious battle. Justice was served. I'm sure that about six balls from four feet away and 300fps will leave a pretty good mark.
  • silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got lots of small injuries from point blank shots and tumbles but the most memorable is the one that people think is a cigarette lighter burn on my neck just below my ear. Wear your neck protector!

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got hit in the back of the neck with a automag that turned out to be chronoed waaay high, definitely didn't feel right, he got kicked off the field that day.

GWB_logo_100.gifak.jpg01_american_flag.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder

"If the existing assault weapons ban expires, I personally do not believe it will make one whit of difference one way or another . . . So if it doesn't pass, it doesn't pass." Tom Diaz, Senior Policy Analyst, Violence Policy Center (VPC)
  • rassd71rassd71 Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My worst injury 'while' playing. I was playing on a field with a series of trenches. They were about 4 feet deep. Well the one I started in had a small hump and then flat space. The bottom was sand and small gravel. Well I decided to make a run for better field position. I ran about half way when my cover fire just stopped. I dove for the nearest trench and went in face first. I managed to get my arms and marker in front of me to help brake my fall. This became a priority as I noticed the large rocks in the bottom of this trench. I dislocated my left shoulder and split my right elbow open about 6 inches.

My worst injury from Paintball. I took a guy out in one game. The next game he cranked up his velocity and shot me from about 2 feet right in the side of the neck. It immediately swelled and turned into a really ugly sore. It was the weekend before the company game that I had arranged. More than a couple of the sales reps chickened out because of my wound!