In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

First Impressions - Nikko Stirling 6-24x56

UPS dropped off my scope today...VERY impressed.

FULLY MULTI COATED lenses on this scope - retail price at $200!!!

After reading a rifle review in American Rifleman magazine on the Savage Varminter rifle (right bolt, left loading port), the writer tested a scope from Nikko Stirling at the same time.

Two weeks ago, I purchased a 4-12x50 mm Nikko Stirling at a gun show, used. Stunning clarity in the dimly lit building...but I knew it was a keeper at $50 as well.

Has the side adjust focus (no more reaching to the far end of the scope)...as in side wheel parallax!!! Also has eyepiece focus as well.

I went with the 30mm tube and purchased Nikko Stirling weaver style rings. I am impressed with the rings as well. Utilizes a metal bar to engage the slot in Weaver style bases.

Will give a range report as soon as possible. Maybe a prairie dog report if it warms up again.

Try here for more info - www.nikkostirling.com

US distributor - www.legacysports.com

I will be purchasing two more scopes - 8-32x56 mil dot for the 223 and something for my 17 Remington.....not sure which one for that rifle though.

Comments