In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good News from Winchester, New Powder!

nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
WINCHESTERr SMOKELESS PROPELLANT

"For Loading Professionals"

Tim Vaitekunas Director of Marketing and R&D today announced a potent new addition to the Winchester Smokeless line called Supreme 780T. Supreme 780 is the same powder loaded in Winchester's factory Supremer ammunition including 243 Win., 270 Win., and 300 Win. Mag.

"This propellant allows the handloader to duplicate Winchester Supreme factory loads," said Tim discussing this product. "Our state-of-art ballistics laboratory has initially developed data for 14 different cartridges with over 35 different recipes".

Supreme 780 is a Ball Powderr propellant, which means easy measure flow resulting in the most consistent charge weights. Comparable in burn speed to H4831r, it fills a spot that previously was not available in Winchester Smokeless offerings.

One and eight pound containers will be available at dealers Spring 2008. Supreme 780 reloads are now on-line at wwpowder.com in the Reloading Data Center.

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello NONONSENCE I hope you read this. as it looks like your knowledge is based on facts VS opinion. There has always been a debate by many reloaders on the MERIT or lack of with regards to Ball Powders. Even though I have loaded over 300,000 rounds of 45ACP with most of it being BULLS-EYE powder I also load many other cartridges.Other then the fact that BALL powder by it's very makeup will measure very uniformly what do you see as other advantages or disadvantages of ball powders . IE flame temp, storage life, being uniform between lot numbers,ETC Thanks for your time Karl.
  • dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    perry shooter - nononsense is JUST passing the info along.

I do not see anything included, other than a press release.

get off the horse and have a drink of water.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Just what we didn't need; another powder.

I might have half a dozen on the shelf, but could do nicely with just 4895 and Red Dot if I had to.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonk
    Just what we didn't need; another powder.

I might have half a dozen on the shelf, but could do nicely with just 4895 and Red Dot if I had to.

I know what you mean. But I'll probably run out and try it anyway. Economy is only one factor I consider in choosing to reload. Mostly I do it to give me time alone in the man-cave.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish all I had was a half dozen powders.....
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Just what we didn't need; another powder.

Yup...if going 'bang' is your only mission in life...that is a somewhat true statement.