In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Full length sizing Question ???

pablompablom Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
I was attempting to do some reloading tonight. Odd problem, 303 Savage Norma brass 2nd time use, ( Brass was new last time) When I adjust full length size die as directed by Lee. Inside case neck comes sized at .310 - so bullet .308 dia falls in with no friction what so ever. 303 Savage is .308 Dia not like 303 British .311-.314. Am I forgeting somthing or was this die set made too large diameter. Any ideas would be great. Note I have about 15 sets of Lee dies and never had a problem. Thanks Paul

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remove the expander/decap rod and size a case. At the same time, measure the expander portion of the rod. I got a die set for 7.62x39 that had the same problem. The expander was about .314. I sized all my cases again w/o the rod and used a Lyman M-die to expand just enough neck to start a bullet since I wasn't using boattails.
  • pablompablom Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'am gonna try that. I'll call Lee too. Thanks Paul
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pablom,

+1 on what Mobuck said for the die. I suggest before you do that though that you check the neck thickness of your cases. They should be at least .015" Twice fired cases shouldn't really have thin necks but sometimes they do. After that do what Mobuck says and if it still drops in, give Lee a call and see if they will send you the right die w/expander.
  • pablompablom Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Guys for the tips, i did try it and the necks did shrink down. Must be too big of decapper, i'll have to mic it to verify. but thats surley the problem. I should be able to put in a 30-30 or 30-40 ect decapper I think. They are all for .308 bullets