In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

electronic scales

mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any good?

Which ones are the best? Which one should I buy?

Thanks.

Comments

• gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    I've used the PACT, RCBS and Dillon scales; the easiest to set up and use is (in my opinion) the PACT. Get the 9 volt adaptor at Radio Shack, and you'll never have the problems of low voltage and erratic readings.
    Whichever you choose, be sure to give it a good check weight of known weight before you start using it to reload; some models have a "wait" state that kinda forces you to count to 20 before it settles down enough to be trustwothy. Also, be sure to set it up someplace you can leave it without having to move it around; they all are sensitive enough to be thrown out of whack by moving them, and need a while of rest in their new place before re-calibrating.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I have had a pact with ac addapter for years and never had a problem .if it sets on a load bench that is not real solid vibration can give you fits I bought a cheap one not long ago that must have been made for the drug dealers the shipping and handleing was more then the price of scale it is battery powdered and I got it to carry to the range so far it works great I bought it for a backup to check my other scale and both are either right on or both off the same amount. I weigh all my match pistol bullets and electronic are much faster then my old balance beam scale.