In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mini 14 Ruger, Loads

rhino43rhino43 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
Just wondering what would be some good loads for the mini[?]THANKS[:D]

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rhino43,

Please don't take this the wrong way, this is the way I look at Minis.

If your Ruger Mini-14 hasn't been heavily customized or is one of the bare and rare handful that will really shoot with any accuracy at all, don't waste your time looking for, building and testing reloads. These rifles will only perform at the same level of mediocrity whether you buy and shoot store-bought or use reloads. If it's just to save some money or you really enjoy reloading, then by all means have fun!

The best method for improving accuracy is to have the design flaws fixed at significant cost or sell the rifle and buy a rifle that shoots with some accuracy right from the start.

No offense meant.

Best.
  • steve4102steve4102 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go here, they will help you out with loads and a cheap way to accurize your mini.

http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=86
  • B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nononsense is correct. Pick a conservative load out of a reputable book that matches up to whatever you have the most of on your shelf, or stuff you want to get rid of that just didnt work for whatever you tried it in and cook some up. Powders that meter well like AA2230 and AA2520 will save you time and are inexpensive to use. Winchester 55gr FMJ's are cheap. Step two
    have fun.[:D]
  • rovernutrovernut Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried every combo I could think of. Nothing was better than 2". I read an article by Skeeter Skelton's boy Bart, that the new MINIs are almost MOA. You might buy one of those and let us know!!