In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mcmillan stocks

mudd_boggermudd_bogger Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
just wondering if anyone can tell me are mcmillan stocks as great as they say they are? Im looking to buy a A5 model for my mark 5 but just wanted some inputt from everyone to see if it was my best choice. thanks again to everyone that has helped me so far

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mudd_bogger,

McMillan is indeed one of the best fiberglass stocks on the market today. The A5, if it's inletted for the Mark V, would be a good choice for a heavy barreled, long range rifle.

The two things that I think you should be aware of are:

It is a methodical use stock which means it is not a normal hunting carry stock and will not do well in a snap shooting situation.

Lead time for most of the McMillan line is approaching 5 to 6 months. It's just one of the drawbacks to molding hand-laid fiberglass stocks.

You can also look into:

H-S Precision

Bell and Carlson

Manners Stocks

There are more and more as time goes on so do a search for some of the other lesser known manufacturers.

Best.