In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

JLK Bullet weights

Well my JLK order from Swampworks came in this morning, and as usual with any bullet order I weighed them all.
I've been around long enough to know that rarely will two people come up with the same measurements using the same measuring equipment, on the same measured piece.
I'm talking little bitty numbers here not inches......
So I wasn't all that sure that the bullets would be exactly the same as the original JLK's were.
Well I can now rest easy because the weights are as they should be.
Out of the 200 105 grain 6mm's I weighed they came out like this.
2 weighed @ 149.9
9 weighed @ 150.1
189 weighed 105.0
I guess I'll call later today and order a bunch more [:D]

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well if you ever get a barrel on that wore out BAT action you might have a pop gun to shoot them out of. [:D][:D]

that weight bullet for a 8 twist barrel?
    What caliber are you going to load them in?
  • Options
    I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    You were satisfied that 11 of them weigh 45 grains too much?
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mrbruce,

Typo? 149.9 or 104.9? 150.0 or 105.1? The previous numbers would make me NOT! want to order more. I'm thinkin' it's a typo though and we shouldn't worry right?
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same quality control as the clinch river pills, but they are scarce as hens teeth.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sandwarrior
    mrbruce,

Typo? 149.9 or 104.9? 150.0 or 105.1? The previous numbers would make me NOT! want to order more. I'm thinkin' it's a typo though and we shouldn't worry right?

GREAT BIG FAT TYPO ON MY PART[:(]
    I was so happy the weights were as they should be I totally poked the wrong numbers.
    104.9 and 105.1 is correct.
    A 10th of a grain one way or the other is pleny good for me on a 105 grain bullet[:D]
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost1958
    Well if you ever get a barrel on that wore out BAT action you might have a pop gun to shoot them out of. [:D][:D]

that weight bullet for a 8 twist barrel?
    What caliber are you going to load them in?

105's will work great in a 8 twist...
    They will go in my 6br if it ever gets here [:(!]