In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

+ P specifications

gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
Regarding +P load recommendations.
In one reference, a charge weight for a faster powder ranging from 2.0 to 3.6 is listed. The +P load was listed at 3.8 . From my experience, I know that a charge change of 0.2 gr of this powder is not a big step, even at the top end. Given that product liability is a big stick, how 'over conservative' do you find the +P load specifications ? I really have no need for +P loadings, I am just curious.

Before +P became popular, a +P was when some negligent loader double charged his 45.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello the one thing to remember on SMOKELESS powder is it is all progressive. The higher the pressure the faster it burns. so .1 of a grain will increase the pressure spike just as much as .5 Grain at the low end . Top end loads are sort of like the RED LINE on a Tack for an auto if you run close to the red line it will not last as long and if you go over one time it might not damage anything but the next time it might BLOW. just my $.02