In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sticky suggestion

jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
The question, "what do I need to start reloading?" comes up often. Perhaps we could make it a sticky? I'd be happy to write up an initial post, and I'm sure other folks would be happy to contribute.

Comments

• reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the Idea.....I think there will be LOTS of varying opinions. And maybe we all will learn something.. GOOD IDEA
  • theboogeymantheboogeyman Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on this. I'm in that "beginning stage" myself and it'd be nice to know exactly what I'm getting into! [:D]
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd think a single post would be easier for the new loader to grasp. Maybe someone here would be the one who keeps track of everyone's contributions and makes it into 1 list of necessities and then a list of the "next step" tools which are accuracy oriented. The thread could be full of suggestions and once the lists were compiled, the sticky would replace the thread. what say yous
  • B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think this would be a bad idea. Only because "there would be LOTS of varying opinions"I think a newbie needs a good guideline and could certainly benefit from the hundreds of years of experience here. But alot of us, myself included, are pretty set in our ways and just because we do things differently dosen't make any of us wrong. (we're all still here aren't we?)I believe some of this info, in contradicting form, may be a little too much to decifer. Sorry if I pi$$ed on anyones cornflakes but opinions were asked for.

"Read twice,Write once" GET IT?
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by B17-P51
    I think this would be a bad idea. Only because "there would be LOTS of varying opinions"I think a newbie needs a good guideline and could certainly benefit from the hundreds of years of experience here. But alot of us, myself included, are pretty set in our ways and just because we do things differently dosen't make any of us wrong. (we're all still here aren't we?)I believe some of this info, in contradicting form, may be a little too much to decifer. Sorry if I pi$$ed on anyones cornflakes but opinions were asked for.
    If you look at the original post it states "what do I need to start reloading" This is about equipment not technique. Hope I didn't urinate on your cornflakes. I prefer single stage, others prefer progressive. I prefer RCBS, others prefer Lee. GET IT.