In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.41 Mag Blackhawk accuracy

SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a Blackhawk .41 w/4 5/8" barrel. I seem to have a problem with stringing my shots vertically. My hands are on the large side, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a set of aftermarket grips that would be more ergonomic. The recoil with 20gr of H110 behind a 200gr JHP is kinda hard to control with the stock grips. I wanna use this hogleg to carry while deer hunting, but want to be able to hit my intended target.

Comments

• Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I love the Hogue Momogrip on my .44. I've got medium sized hands and it seems like a paw-full, but it really helps. You can get 'em in fancy wood, now, too.

getgrip.com
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For field use it is hard to beat a set of the Hogue rubber mongrips or the Pacmayr finger groove rubber grips. I have used both and they will help you control recoil and just feel better to me than the wood grips. I do love the look of wood on a revolver for display though. That's the reason that I have both.
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    porting made a ice creamcat out of my 44mag.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Advise is worth what it costs....but I suggest you stay AWAY from rubber grips that are 2-piece and completely enclose the frame. Shooting heavy loads will cause the 'split' in the back to open up...and pinch hell out of your palm. Enough to slit your palm. The blood will cause you to develop quite a flinch..to say nothing of the pain.

I went back to wood grips on my heavy recoilers.
  • Options
    SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lile Col.Plinks reply and will look into the Hogue wood grips. I ain't recoil shy, just need to get a handle on this thing.
  • Options
    WWllVetWWllVet Member Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You state that you have large hands, so do I. My choice was to find finger groove/oversize grips. What I found is AJAX grips and they work great. They fit my hand and stopped the 'rolling' back in my hand from recoil. I use them on all my Blackhawks in .41 mag., .44 Mag., and .45 Colt.

For GOD and COUNTRY

Vet
  • Options
    jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    --[8D]-Yo SCorvers--

quote:Originally posted by SCorvers
    I have a Blackhawk .41 w/4 5/8" barrel. I seem to have a problem with stringing my shots vertically. My hands are on the large side, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a set of aftermarket grips that would be more ergonomic. The recoil with 20gr of H110 behind a 200gr JHP is kinda hard to control with the stock grips. I wanna use this hogleg to carry while deer hunting, but want to be able to hit my intended target.

--I have big hands also and my Blackhawk grips just couldn't do it, so I got these HOGUE Exotic wood Goncalvo Alves-they're another 30/40% bigger than the stock one--GREAT--

--imgp0038ev8.jpg

--check out www.hogueinc.com and you will get all the choices-good luck--

--[:o)][:o)]--JIMBO