In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Savage10ML & N110

I was just wondering how N-110 is working out in the 10ML Savage for everyone thats using it.
I'm on the last can of IMR4227 and I need to move on to new and better things !!

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.

Comments

• JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    leave that stuff for something else. The N110 beats it all day long in 3 of them here so far. It burns cleaner, more efficiently, and gives better velocity.

I have gone to 44.5gr's and have settled on 44grs. I will be doing a lot more testing this year to see how far we can go. My pard uses 44.5gr. If I am not mistaken, it was something like 40* and we got 2450ishFPS with the 250gr XTP and MMP sabots

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • JagsportJagsport Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good info for me as well. I like IMR I did not now what N-110 was.

What powder grain load did you guys shoot with the IMR ?
    Thanks
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    44.0 - 44.5gr is what has given us the best groups. You HAVE TO use the winchester primer they recommend,..switching primers makes for poor groups. The N110 with the 250gr XTP has "pert near" cut a couple deer's head right off!!!!! It is a WICKED ML,..no doubt about that.[;)]