In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Reloading the 10mm?

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
Been using AA #7 and #9 in my 10mm, but not happy with the unburned powder gumming up the action, anyone have any pet loads for the 10mm that are not so dirty?

Comments

• BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, Curt. I have used Win WSF (a little dirty) in the past but am going to try some test loads of Titegroup for target loads. I am also going to be testing Hodgdon Longshot for hotter loads. I have tested True Blue and had good luck with 7.7g with 180g FMJ bullets at an Avg of 1260 fps. This is in a S&W 610 5". The True Blue measeures great and burns pretty clean. It also have a very low standard deviation.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BHAVIN
    Hey, Curt. I have used Win WSF (a little dirty) in the past but am going to try some test loads of Titegroup for target loads. I am also going to be testing Hodgdon Longshot for hotter loads. I have tested True Blue and had good luck with 7.7g with 180g FMJ bullets at an Avg of 1260 fps. This is in a S&W 610 5". The True Blue measeures great and burns pretty clean. It also have a very low standard deviation.

Thanks, let me know how the Titegroup works out!
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a lot of 10mm.
    The best powders for me are

Blue Dot
    800X
    True Blue

CP
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    In a handgun, faster burning powders as a rule will be cleaner burning, but at the expense of velocity.

Solo 1000 is super clean, but 1000 fps with a 180 grain bullet is about top end.
  • colt423colt423 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ive used aa for yrs and was all ways super clean powder but since they were bought out aa powder has become strange. loads data has changed so i would find another powder. i havent checked on the load data but hodgon clays has all ways been one of the cleanest burning powder i ever saw.
  • chaneydchaneyd Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot Power Pistol

180LRNFP
    7.8gr 1100fps 556pe 1.250oal
    9.2gr 1366fps 746pe 1.250oal
  • jamesmartynjamesmartyn Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi..
    Not much idea regarding that but much interested to know and use...
  • txingatxinga Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    try blue dot and unique both work well for me and clean
  • GONESHOOTINGGONESHOOTING Member Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had best luck with power pistol.