In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

22 Bench Rest (BR) Brass & Case Forming Die

OnStarOnStar Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Two things.....I am trying to find/locate some already made/formed 22 BR brass to purchase. Also, am trying to locate a manufacturer or someone who has and wants to sell a Case Forming Die for the 22 BR. Would appreciate any leads on where to find these items. Thanks so much for your time and assistance.

Bill
billyburse@missvalley.com

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OnStar,

I've never worried about trying to find pre-formed wildcat brass, most of it is too easy to make for yourself.

22BR cases are simply made from 6mmBR cases by using either a full length sizing die or a neck sizing only die with or without bushings. Set the die up correctly according to the manufacturers directions and lube the necks of the 6mmBR cases then simply run them through the 22BR die. Wipe off the lube, trim to length, inside/outside chamfer and get on with the reloading. It should take only 10 - 15 minutes to neck size 100 cases. Be sure to start with Lapua if you want the best and most consistant cases.

After the first firing and all subsequent firings, be sure to check the inside of the neck and shoulder junction for a doughnut shaped ring. This will need to be removed with an inside neck reamer if one does form. There are occasions that it won't form if you don't turn your necks but that will depend on how the chamber is cut.

Dies are available by Forster, Redding, RCBS and others I'm sure. Pick your favorite maker and supplier and call in your order.

Best.