In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Concentricity Gauge

dthhaldthhal Member Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
Im considering purchasing a concentricity gauge. No Im not a competition shooter, but love the battle to find the most accurate round possible. Ive been considering 2 different models and hope that someone on here might have some experience with them to guide in the direction of the best one to purchase. The 2 Ive been looking at are the Hornady Lock-n-Load, and Sinclair.

Your help and feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• zimmdenzimmden Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used the Sinclair gage for 4 years. Extremely accurate and easy to use as are most Sinclair tools.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is from H&H industries out of Albany OR.

It not only shows the run out, it has a means to fix it!!!
  • dthhaldthhal Member Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for your comments.

BP, just looked at the H&H online. Nice looking rig, thanks for sharing.
  • grandmangrandman Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an RCBS and stay way from one of those, it is hard to use and I don`t think that it is very accurate. The Hornady is what I am considering. All I read about it does a better job and a lot more accurate. I also seek the best accuracy I can.[8D]
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,130 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw the Hornady at SHOT and was impressed. If it's important to you to fiddle that much with your ammo, that's a tool you'll love. I personally think that for 99% of shooters, 99% of all those "brass prep" and such shenanigans are silly. It's like measuring firewood with a micrometer.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
    edited November -1
    Thanks Rocky. I consider my ammo like my golf clubs. I buy the best clubs so that I know if I stink I cant blame the tools. Same with my bullets, I like to check and make sure everything is perfect, then I only have myself to blame if I dont shoot right[:D]
    edited November -1
    LOL! When I play golf, I'm the only excuse I need. Love the game, despite that.

On reloading, my point is that even the best constructed ammo can't perform better than the typical factory rifle. If yours is a custom job, or has been precision rebuilt, that's a whole 'nuther kettle of cuttlefish.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Golf clubs and ammo...
    Dont give Tigers wife any ideas.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab

On reloading, my point is that even the best constructed ammo can't perform better than the typical factory rifle. If yours is a custom job, or has been precision rebuilt, that's a whole 'nuther kettle of cuttlefish.

Gottcha.

When I get back up to Utah we'll have to play a round. Dont get up that far very often. Maybe we could meet half way somewhere.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Mesquite is exactly half-way between Phoenix and Ogden. I love the course in Cedar City, too.
    edited November -1
    Nice. We'll have to set it up and play. I have family in St. George and Vegas that Ive been meaning to go see for a bit.
  • 1988z011988z01 Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab

I completely agree with you; however, I would hate to stand in a man's way for making another gadget reloading purchase that could make for trouble with the wife. Without that little bit of pleasure, what do we really have?

Seriously, I think the only reason I want one is because I don't have one.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the NECO and the RCBS. the NECO is a far better tool.