In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Powder ?????

mikecarol63mikecarol63 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
Hi; I'm going to try reloading next month, and was wondering if there is a powder that you can use for multiple calibers. I'm going to reload .222, .243, 30-30, and 7mm mag. I didn't want to buy a can of four different powders if I didn't have to. Thanks in advance, Mike

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a pretty diverse listing of calibers you have there. It would be best to get at least two powders to try in each caliber. You might want to get a pound of H4895 and a pound of H4350 or H4831. If I had to choose ONE powder for the cases you listed it would be H4895.

Reloading is an art form that needs explored. having different powders on hand allows you to taylor loads to each gun and bullet used.

I encourage you to buy many powders listed in your reloading manual under the calibers you load. by trying several you will find one that works the way you want in each gun you have.
  • mikecarol63mikecarol63 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bpost1958, Thanks for the advice. I will try the h4895, and h4350.
    Thanks again, Mike
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    As TOB Post mentioned H4895 will be good for all the caliberes you listed.
    4350 is to slow for the 222, but will work good for the rest of them.....
  • Gunny52Gunny52 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Imr4198 in the .222 H4831 in the 7mag and 243 Check the book for the 30-30 Good luck