In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bonanza Benchrest Seating Die

draginfishdraginfish Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
I picked up a set of older Bonanza reloading dies and it has the benchrest seater die which has a spring loaded case and bullet aligning system. My question is- How do you set this die properly, do you set it to bottom out or just to where it partially compresses the spring loaded part? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    draginfish,

Here are the instructions from the manufacturer:

http://www.forsterproducts.com/Media/BenchRestDies.pdf

Best.
  • geterdon69geterdon69 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hi there

the bullet dosent start in the case until the guide tube starts to compress. try an empty case and bullet (no primer of course) and find the right bullet seating depth, after you do you can save that dummy round and use it to ck your die when youset up to seat bullets.
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For some reason my machine won't download the Bonanza directions and I'm not at my bench, but if memory serves your description, 69, is right on for the Hornady bullet seater, but may not work for the Bonanza.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RCrosby,

It's a .pdf document created in the newest version of Adobe Acrobat. You can go to Adobe's website and download the newest version and then not have any problems as long as the problem is theirs and not yours. Occasionally when I have a problem with .pdf documents, I have to save it as a document to my computer then print it out.

Best.