In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Carry Pistol Suggestion Request

Virago_paVirago_pa Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I'm looking to reduce my collection, and focus more on personal protection. Right now I'm using a S&W 469 9mm and Beretta 92F 9mm as my home protection guns. I'm thinking about using the S&W as my carry arm, but am wondering if there's something lighter, but with high capacity and reliability. Also, any thoughts of holsters for quick access but concealable carry? Without causing a firestorm, has the 9mm and/or 40 cal. superceded the 45 ACP as the prefered carry caliber? If not, what carry type 45 ACP's are "hot"? Am I correct that the 92F is not a typical carry arm?
Thanking the group in advance......Michael

Comments

• ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most folks would consider the Beretta 92F a bit large for a carry gun.
    I guess it depends on how you are dressed. Up here in the winter you can carry just about any handgun concealed.

Your 469 is not a terribly heavy or large 9mm, but you could go to a Glock if you want smaller/lighter.

Don't get us started on the 9mm/.45 debate. Please.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 92's are a bit large for a carry gun. I bought a full size CZ and quickly learned that it was too large and bulky to carry concealed.

I just bought this a few weeks ago to replace the weak Kel Tec P3AT that I carried. They are availible in 32, 380, 9mm, 40S&W, and 45.
    I picked the 9mm because of the higher capacity, also I didn't have a 9mm. I've had no complaints yet, every round from numerous makers have functioned flawlessly. Accuracy is on par with most 3.5" bbl'd carry guns. Trigger pull is light and crisp(get a DA/SA), weighs less than 19oz. Very pleased so far.

Taurus PT111(BP12), the Millenium Pro 9mm.

Taurus2.jpg

http://www.taurususa.com/products/gunselector-results.cfm?series=MP1
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glock 19
    or 30 or 36
  • 7.62x397.62x39 Member Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep I agree on the Glock
  • walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I like the Kimber Compact 45acp a lot. Its very flat and fits tight against your body with a Galco Concealable Holster.

There are many good choices, don't discount the accurate and handy little sig232. A first class pistol that will print a tight group easily in any defensive situation. Fits the hand like a glove, light recoil and very accurate.