In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Flyer shooting and shotgunning

AJ100AJ100 Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
classic095, to set the record straight, you can't buy one of those pins. You have to earn it.

MOST pigeon shooters never have.

FYI, that IS NOT a Grand pin. See the pigeon on it? If you want to see the "Grand" pin I received from Federal to go along with the silverware from the ATA, just ask. I'll be happy to post it for you.

Tom Vogt(AJ100)

This post is not political in nature, so it will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Good for you, now go post this in Competition Shooting and Reloading Forum[:)]
    edited November -1
    Where it belongs.
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    I wanna see them AJ.........with the way I shoot prolly be as close as I ever get!
  • AJ100AJ100 Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Burdz19, I'll post them ASAP. I didn't know the moderators moved my post from the Politics forum to this one. I thought they deleted it.

I posted it over there to shut up some anti-gun, obama loving wack that was posting his same old lame "I hate George Bush" garbage on Trapshooters.com. He claimed to be a gun owner and shooter, but was just fine with anything obama wanted to do. Just a troll on a gun site.

I'll take some pictures of the Grand silverware and the pin Federal gives out. I would post the picture they put in Trap & Field magazine but it is pretty geeky. That was my first year at Vandalia. In the Preliminary Handicap event there was a lone 98 and six of us with 97's. I missed targets 12 and 23 from the 24.5 yard line. The guy on the other trap missed one from the 21 and got second place. I got third. The check was pretty nice. If I had played a few dollars more, I would have gotten another $3200.00. My first year there, what did I know? LOL

After all these years I don't know what I'm prouder of, coming in third out of 3200+ people shooting trap that day or winning that Flyer race and getting my 25 straight Flyer pin. Funny thing is, the Flyer check was bigger than the ATA check.

I'll put the pictures up tomorrow.

classic095, I told you NEVER post anything you can't back up. You implied I was lying about winning that Flyer pin. You want to make a little wager on if it's the truth or not?

Feel free to post YOUR REAL name like I did.

PeanutButterJelly, happy now? Jeeeeeeeezzz, another guy that won't put his name on his posts.

Tom Vogt(AJ100)
    edited November -1
    looking forward to seeing them Tom...... I'm going out tomorrow with hopes of my first 20+ on Skeet...... I drop all 6 on 3 4 5 everytime Im going to figure lead out someday[;)][;)]

b
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AJ100
    Burdz19, I'll post them ASAP. I didn't know the moderators moved my post from the Politics forum to this one. I thought they deleted it.

I posted it over there to shut up some anti-gun, obama loving wack that was posting his same old lame "I hate George Bush" garbage on Trapshooters.com. He claimed to be a gun owner and shooter, but was just fine with anything obama wanted to do. Just a troll on a gun site.

I'll take some pictures of the Grand silverware and the pin Federal gives out. I would post the picture they put in Trap & Field magazine but it is pretty geeky. That was my first year at Vandalia. In the Preliminary Handicap event there was a lone 98 and six of us with 97's. I missed targets 12 and 23 from the 24.5 yard line. The guy on the other trap missed one from the 21 and got second place. I got third. The check was pretty nice. If I had played a few dollars more, I would have gotten another $3200.00. My first year there, what did I know? LOL

After all these years I don't know what I'm prouder of, coming in third out of 3200+ people shooting trap that day or winning that Flyer race and getting my 25 straight Flyer pin. Funny thing is, the Flyer check was bigger than the ATA check.

I'll put the pictures up tomorrow.

classic095, I told you NEVER post anything you can't back up. You implied I was lying about winning that Flyer pin. You want to make a little wager on if it's the truth or not?

Feel free to post YOUR REAL name like I did.

PeanutButterJelly, happy now? Jeeeeeeeezzz, another guy that won't put his name on his posts.

Tom Vogt(AJ100)

Because I don't want * clowns like you trying to contact me.
    edited November -1
    peanutbutterjelly,

azzclowns???

What? Not the typical LIBERAL response of calling me gay? Or is that what you meant? I wouldn't know. I don't have the LIBERAL handbook. That is usually what you keyboard know it alls use as your defense.

The word "azzclown" doesn't come to mind when describing your type. More like PATHETIC. Grow a pair, what are you afraid of?

Someone trying to contact you????? For what?

I think you are starting to believe your own BS.

Tom Vogt
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AJ100
    peanutbutterjelly,

azzclowns???

What? Not the typical LIBERAL response of calling me gay? Or is that what you meant? I wouldn't know. I don't have the LIBERAL handbook. That is usually what you keyboard know it alls use as your defense.

The word "azzclown" doesn't come to mind when describing your type. More like PATHETIC. Grow a pair, what are you afraid of?

Someone trying to contact you????? For what?

I think you are starting to believe your own BS.

Tom Vogt

Libertarian, not Liberal. Reading comprehension is not one of your "life skills", I see.

* clown; (noun): person of dubious character. Found on internet forums. Convinced of their own self-importance in matters of little consequence to others. Often known to puff their chest in the presence of others. Also see : troll, neo-con, AJ100, Tom Vogt.
    edited November -1
    3232 post and YOU think I'M the one feeling "self important"? Right!

It's not bragging if you can back it up.

Feel free to post your REAL name.

Tom Vogt
    edited November -1
    Burdz, here is the pic you wanted to see. This is the stuff you get when you place in one of the Grand events. The 100 straight Federal pin on the right of the target is from a different event.

I can't find the other picture the ATA gives you along with the one that they put in the magazine. They take a pic of your name up on the scoreboard. I do have the original that goes along with the one in this photo. I don't know where that one went. Bottom photo is of the 2nd 3rd and 4th place finishers. Nice memories.

Grandtrophy002.jpg

Tom Vogt
    edited November -1
    WOW very cool stuff Mr. Vogt! that is something to Extremely proud of!

I didn't want to step off into the rest of the stuff going on in this thread and wasn't questioning your accomplishments at all; just never seen or had the priveledge to talk to someone that is at level.

Don't let a thread like this turn you off to posting please, there are a lot of young, dumb guys like me that undoubtedly could benefit from your insight to making little flying disks turn into little falling pieces.

Do you remeber shooting with a guy from Fort Worth named Melvin Wiley? I bought a copy of Trap and Skeet that was from about 1982-3 that had his name listed on a scoreboard and whomever owned the book before had written his address and number in the side and made notes about going out to shoot with him.

If you are looking for someone to coach, please throw my name in the hat!

b
    edited November -1
    Burdz19, I never thought you were "dumb" at all. Keep shooting as many practice targets as you can. I haven't shot nearly as many Skeet targets as Trap and Flyers but if you want to break more of those Skeet targets that are giving you trouble you can try this.

If you and one of your shooting buddies can get the Skeet field to yourselves you can shoot all the targets you want from just the stations that are giving you trouble. Shoot 25 from station 3 and then move over to 4, 5, and 6 shooting 25 or as many as you want from those stations alone. This repetition will show you just what your sight picture should be.

If one station is giving you more trouble than the others, stay there until you can break the targets consistently. You don't have to shoot all 8 stations every time you go out.

We used to shoot practice four or five times a week before a major event was coming up and a lot of times I would stand on one station and shoot 25 targets before moving. In Trap, you don't always get the same angle as you do in Skeet but is sure helped to shoot that many in a row.

There was a Melvin Wiley Jr. from Texas that I remember. He started ATA registered targets in the 60's I think. From around the late 70's through the late 80's he carried a pretty good 16 yrd. average. High 90's if I remember correctly. I never had the pleasure of shooting with him.

BTW, to guys like you it is NOT "Mr.".....AJ will do just fine.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

Tom Vogt(AJ100)
    edited November -1
    Great Advice, but you still get the Mr. AJ

Like I said I'm sure I am not the only one who doesn't know everything; but there are some great guys on this board so stick around!

please e-mail me I'd love to get some tips from you

b