In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rainier bullets

I noticed that you can buy Rainier bullets very cheap.Are Rainier bullets mainly used for plinking or can they be used for self defense?

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The restrikes are great bullets and the hollow points work well.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used them since they became available and love em'[:D] I dont know about self defense, as experts will tell you to ALWAYS use store bought stuff, for legal reasons, but a 240 gr JHP did a real nice job on a deer at 90 yards from a Redhawk.
  • Options
    Nimitz9Nimitz9 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use Rainiers in my .40 Glock. The 155 grain bullets work great for me. I have used them in 9mm too with good results. I only used them for targets.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i know a lot of people who shoot them, i myself have probably shot 20,000+ of them, read their own claim from their FAQ

quote:Q3. Do your bullets have ANY velocity restrictions?
    A. In general, our bullets typically perform their best when shot at velocities no greater than 1,200 to 1,250 Feet per second (FPS).

i myself find them unstable at 1,100 fps,{9mm} i have done allot of testing on them to find out what load data to use, some people say load them to lead specs, while another will say to load them to fmj specs, i have found out it is not ether, they have their own data almost right in the middle

i took .45 acp 230 rainier,fmj, and rnl, loaded all of them in the same press using the same powder, and oal

fmj 725 fps
    rainier 744 fps
    rnl 799 fps