In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

357 sig for Production Div.??

Maybe a longshot here, but wondering if there is anyone out there that has shot a 357 sig (I have a Glock M-31) in competition? I mainly shoot USPSA and just bought a 357 sig for carry purposes. I believe that everyone should shoot their carry weapon in competition settings to better get them acustomed to the adrenaline felt during a match. Just curious if anyone has knowledge of how the 357 sig does in a match? I will probable do some IDPA matches soon as well but yet to go there. I have been using a Glock M-35 for production, but just traded it (and a couple bucks) for a Springy Trophy Match in .40 S&W. Any help on the 357 would be great!!

Comments

• gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Only shot one match with my sp2340 in 357sig; bit much recoil for quick follow-up shots, might try my reduced reloads next time around.
    Definitely didn't like scrounging around in the dirt after 20 other shooters went through trying to save my brass!
    I also couldn't (wasn't allowed) to use my 12rd LEO mags; they said it wasn't fair. Other shooters were using P14s with full cap mags, so I don't see the point.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the trade off in recoil doesn't seam to be worth it, i don't even like to be around when a .357 sig goes off
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    quote:i don't even like to be around when a .357 sig goes off
    you should be around my hybred open gun when it goes bang [xx(][xx(]
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I have a Glock 32 in 357 Sig and like it a lot. Its one heck of a round. A big surprise the first time you shoot it. Accurate and feeds like a charm, nice round for woods carry in Cougar country.
  • Paul G FeltyPaul G Felty Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, Thanks for the replies. Ya, I only plan to use the model 31 for this next saturday only. I will then have my 4 classifiers in production. I will move on to another class probably, single stack and hang out there for awhile. I've heard some stories about the audible report on these sounding like an open Hot Rod .38 Super. I just wanted to finish up the Production classification as I was so close to starting in other classes. Thanks all !!!

Paul