In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.410 reloading.

NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
Is anyone set up to reload .410? How much do you do? I assume that it is way cheeper then buying off the shelf. I dont shoot much now due to price, but I am thinking it would be a good shooter for my girlfriend. Any thoughts or suggestions would be nice.

Comments

• Options
    rlnblkrlnblk Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    410 shotshells can be a real pita to load.I have an older mec 650 loader,since the hulls have a small base the are not stable in the shell carrier an it can be difficult to get all 6 to line up with the corresponding tool.I think a single stge loader or something along the line of a posness warren which supports the hull in a die would be best.Hull life is not great in my exp.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    My little fishing buddys 11 year old sister can load a box of 410's on her own 600jr in less than 5 minutes. She does a really good job, and is very careful but still does it under supervision.
    She shoots about two boxes of the new style hulls a week, and will admit it saves her enough money to buy more WW-296 to load more of them.
    8# of WW-296 is on her Christmas list.
  • Options
    steve4102steve4102 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 12 year old son loads his 410 on a 600jr also. Once the press is set up it is a piece of cake. I use Alliant 2400 for 3 inch shells. Works great and is a lot cheaper than off the shelf.
  • Options
    rediceredice Member Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I reload brass, Didnt want to spend that kind of money on a loader when I wasnt going to shoot on a daily bases, works really good and I probably saved 60 bucks right off the start by not buying a loader.

I am reloading with bp substitute now but could load with smokeless if I wanted.