In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

mastersblasters reloading bullet

wcoxy2003wcoxy2003 Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
has anyone used these? and what do you think of them. and ive been told on here that for shooting lead a good lintotype hard cast is good for keeping the lead down in the barrel. what do any of you suggest for less leading as far as a manufactured bullet goes. i dont cast my own. just looking for a good maker of them.

Comments

• shooter93shooter93 Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know this maker but there are a number of makers out there...good and bad. The biggest cause of leading though is a bullet that is to hard...not to soft. Smokless powders don't obturate the bullet till very high pressures are reached. I shoot both bullets I cast and commericial ones. For accuracy I like Mount Baldy Bullets, they have a website. They offer different hardnesses and sizes and ship Priority mail flat rate. You want a bullet not near as hard as Linotype unless it's for high pressure loads and you need to have it fit the throat diameter regardless of bore size, but you didn't say what you'd be shooting them in. Hope this helped some.
  • dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Shooter93 is going the right direction. wcoxy2003 did not say what gun/cartridge he was needing bullets, that would help. Shooting undersized Linotype bullets with moderates loads will lead you up as fast or faster than anything. Hot powder gases around to the sides to between the bullet and the barrel are the culprit. Up to about 1400 fps medium alloys like Lyman #2 or wheelweights with soft lube are the best and the bullets should be at least groove diameter. Any faster I would go with gas checks, harder bullets and high speed lube, half a thousandth over groove diameter is good too.

Tim
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shot some of the Masterblasters "moly" coated pistol bullets and they do pretty well. People have reported cases of fouling from the coating about as bad as leading but I have not seen that with Masterblasters, Precision, or Bear Creek coated pistol bullets.
  • wcoxy2003wcoxy2003 Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    im shooting 45acp, 45lc, 38/357. thanks for the replies.