In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

need load for 30-06 cast bullet

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have a load for 150-170 cast bullets for a 30-06 using Blue Dot powder?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]Yo bpost1958, I can't find any info on BLUE DOT for the '06-a lot of red and green dot data, but they're a lot "faster than BLUE DOT. If you look at ALLIANT-2400 it's very close in burning rate to BLUE DOT and for those weight cast bullets they start out at 18.5 gr and go up to about 29.5-Check out your POWDER BURNING CHART OF ALL THE POWDERS AND YOU'L SEE WHAT I MEAN-between Blue Dot/ ALL-2400[:o)][:o)][:o)][:D]

I'm only wearing Black untill they make something darker
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I could not find any data for it also. I just wonder if it happens to be one of the powders that can detonate rather than burn in low density loads????
    I'm trying to reduce the number of powders I have on hand. I want to replace 2400 with Blue Dot in my mag pistol loads. I used the 2400 a lot in cast rifle loads
    I think I will sent alliant a letter asking about load data.
  • jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]--OK bro-go to www.alliantpowder.com-click on CONTACT US and you'll probably get the answer![:)][:)][:)][:D]

I'm only wearing Black untill they make something darker