In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Russion Primers

victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
Are the Russian made small pistol primers any good or should I jest wait for the supply to catch up to the demand for win/fed/cci/rem? [8D]

Comments

• k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    I have not personally used any, but I've heard some very positive reports. I heard they are very high quality.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I think they were just as good as my usual Winchester brand. Wish I had gotten more of them. I even get a slightly better Standard Deviation spread with the Wolf primers than with winchester.
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    The russian primers both large and small give me the best velocity spreads and SD's than any other primer I've ever used, and never a FTF.........
  • japorterjaporter Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just went through 3000 LP and 1000 SP by Wolf and they were excellent. Not one single FTF and good ballistics.
  • victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks all. The auction prices are now about the same as domestic brands. Still good to know there is at least one other source with a good product.

Jim [:D]
  • hamtronichamtronic Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've shot 200 Wolf Magnum Small Pistol Primers and I have about 10% FTF rate in my G22. They seem to work fine the second time through... I tried extra had to make sure they were seated all the way in.... Still, same problem. Not Impressed. Anyone want to trade 1000 Mag SP for 1000 Large Pistol in Denver?
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Have read several sources saying Wolf Primers are actually made by PMC in Korea
  • dg101windg101win Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    Have read several sources saying Wolf Primers are actually made by PMC in Korea

The Wolf primers I have sitting here next to me Has Made In Russia stamped on them.
    I have yet to chrono loads using them but they are working great for me in Large Pistol.
  • Easton Archer 66Easton Archer 66 Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been shooting Wolf SPM loads in my .357, and SP in my .38 Special loads with no problems at all. Haven't run any chrono tests yet but have some new stout loads for a Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" in .357 Mag using GC hard cast 200 grain rifle bullets with an OAL of 1.792". This load is WAY OVER the standard OAL and will NOT fit in other standard revolvers as the cylinder in the Ruger is longer.