In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need Beaumont Data

mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
Does anyone here shoot/reload for the 43 Dutch Beaumont? Care to share loading data? Do you form your own brass (from what) or buy ready made Jamison or Bertram? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Emery

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paper patched lead bullet, and enough black powder to give you about a 10% powder compression (standard formulia for BP cartridges of this era).
  • Options
    mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, understood, but what do you use for brass?? Thanks. Emery
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Emery,

I don't have the data on reforming the case, but www.buffaloarms.com offers them preformed. If I were gonna guess at what MIGHT be used, 50-90 sharps, Magtech 32 ga. brass shotshells, and Win 348 would come to mind.

I would feel comfortable using load data for the 11mm Mauser in this cartridge as well, so smokeless IS an option. IMR 4198 and 3031 would be good choices with a Kapok or Pufflon filler.
  • Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DO NOT even think about using reformed brass shotgun shells! They have no web and are so weak at the base they will rupture with enough power to break your stock. I KNOW! Check out Huntington.com for Bertram brass.