In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Where do you guys buy bullets?

gunguy30_06gunguy30_06 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
I am looking at purchasing a 1,000 .45 bullets for my 1911, and 1,000 .30 bullets for my m-1 and 03. I was wondering were you guys have found the best deals. I am not looking for bullets with match accuracy. I just want inexpensive bullets for fun shooting. At Midway i found what seems to be a good price on 45 bullets by rainer, the were 230 gr, a 1,000 for $61. I thought that was a good deal. DO you guys think that i should stick with 230 gr or go with 200 gr, i wouldn't mind less recoil. Also, were is a good source for 30 cal bullets? thanks for the input.

Comments

• Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colorado Cast Bullets....(Just do a search)
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also use rainier 230 rn They`re good bullets and I like to reload to practice with the same weight that I use for defence.
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I buy a lot of pulled US military bullets for the Garands. I get them from places like Widener's. I also buy from Midway and Graf's. I just got in some of the 200 gr rn Rainier's from Midway. They are performing well. I these for match barrels since they are .451". I usually load .452" for standard barrel. One thing to watch is since they are plated, they are softer that FMJ bullets. I seat them and then come back and taper crimp them. If you do it in one step, then nose tends to flaten even with a round nosed seating stem.
  • gunguy30_06gunguy30_06 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    anyone use these bullets? they have a good price on M2 ball.
    And they also have 45's, i wonder which would be better, the rainer bullets or these full metal jackets?

http://www.hi-techammo.com/hitech.zkb?46733&GENMENU601&object-menu6
  • tatercatstatercats Member Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    why are you reloading? just have your dad buy some more ammo[:D]

did you get some new 45 dies or something?[8D]
  • dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Did you see the midway thread on here yesterday? 150 gr 30 cal for 4.99/per 50.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grunt2
    Colorado Cast Bullets....(Just do a search)

I know where I'm going to spend a couple hundred next time I'm in Montrose
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    For bulk jacketed bullets I generally purchase from Graf's in Missouri; for Cast, if they make the size I'm needing (generally do), I get them from Oregon Trail, Baker Oregon. They are the best cast bullets I have used. the alloy they use has four or five elements and holds up to pressure and temperature very well.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.patsreloading.com

They have whatever you need at goood prices
    edited November -1
    Plink....Haven't been by to visit with Paul after Kerri passed. Been to the range a few times for dept. qualifiers but Paul wasn't around. Good bullets though. I usually pickup the seconds by the "can"..When I'm not casting myself. The San Juan range and property has been "for sale" for several years now. Nice place!
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grunt2
    Plink....Haven't been by to visit with Paul after Kerri passed. Been to the range a few times for dept. qualifiers but Paul wasn't around. Good bullets though. I usually pickup the seconds by the "can"..When I'm not casting myself. The San Juan range and property has been "for sale" for several years now. Nice place!

It's been at least seven years since I've been to that side of the state. I really have to get out more. Are their cast bullets pre-lubed? I didn't notice on the website.
    edited November -1
    Yep...Pre-lubed...
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Widener's is just a short drive away and that's where I buy most of my stuff. Sometimes I buy from Midway and sometimes from Graf's.