In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Looking for a 110 VMAX load

Hello all.

I have been shooting the Hornady 110 VMAX (in .308 Win.) with Varget and IMR4064. I don't know how I got started using them other than I had the powders around. Anyway, I needed to reference the loading data only to see that neither of the two powders were listed with load data. Anyway, I am thinking of using one of the other powders listed in the manual but do not have any experience with them. If someone has a good recipe for the 110 VMAX with one of those powders I'd appreciate it. I am shooting a Rem 700 VLS (A 1 in 14 twist, I believe).

Thanks, Dave

Comments

• 5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Try speer's number 13 reloading manual 308 winchester and 110 gr bullets and varget and 4064, they are both there. Also I think your twist will be 1-10 not 1-14. Good luck.
  • e8gme8gm Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My VLS in .308 had a 1-12. Easy enough to check with a cleaning rod and tight patch. Push the rod through from the muzzle. Push it all the way through to the chmaber. Pull the rod back until the patch starts into the rifling. Mark the top of the rod with a pencil or marker of some type. Pull the rod out and watch the mark. When th emark is on top again stop and measure the distance between the marks.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 5mmgunguy
    Try speer's number 13 reloading manual 308 winchester and 110 gr bullets and varget and 4064, they are both there. Also I think your twist will be 1-10 not 1-14. Good luck.

Even with the 1-14 twist he can shot up to 155gr with no problem. 165gr is about the cut off out of a 26" brl. Varget with br2 primers has worked well for me.