In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

smith 41 versud high standard trophy

haris357haris357 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
A shooter friend and myself own both smith 41's and high standard trophy models with both 5 1/2 and 7 inch barrels. the high standards have 1 pound triggers and the smiths have 2 pounders. Our quandry is this:
which model has been more popular from a bullzeye point of view and
which one would be more competitive in a speed shooting match? Of course its a personal decision but their must be a consensus of agreement out there.I think the high standard has the smith 41's beat but there sure is a lot of 41 enthusiasts out there.all comments are welcomed

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    During the time I attended Camp Perry and other matches 1972-2005 . The number of model 41's outnumbered the High Standards being used by master class shooters hands down . I personally could never shoot a model 41 on the short line Timed & rapid fire but could shoot good slow fire scores. I shot mostly High Standards Victor's and went to a lightweight barrel with red dot before going to a Hammerli 208s. in the last 8 years I shoot a Kart.conversion Aluminum Shroud with Gilmore red dot on a 1911 type frame. You really don't see many High Standard on the the Line at Perry and the 41 is getting fewer and fewer every year.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I shot competitive pistol I found the High Standard to be a better fit. The Smith did not feel right in my hands.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    "When I shot competitive pistol I found the High Standard to be a better fit. The Smith did not feel right in my hands."..........same here, also has a better trigger. I switched to a Bennelli mp-95 and haven't looked back.
  • Options
    fire for effectfire for effect Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had both the High Standard Victor and the Smith 41. The Smith 41 is a vastly superior pistol. I sold the High Standard and kept the Smith. I should point out that I only use Old Smith 41's.