In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.38 special

irtuffirtuff Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
can .38 special and +P be loaded to .357 mag. specifications, using Speer 158 grain jacketed soft points, either 2400(with standard primers, 13.8grains or H110 (with magumun primers) 13.9 grains.

Thanks
John (irtuff)

carann@suddenlink.net

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Check your ask the experts post for my answer [;)]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Short answer NO, NEVER.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    +1 on NO NEVER.
    W.D.
  • Options
    k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No
    Nyet
    Nein
    Nada
  • Options
    partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    It depends; do you want to destroy the gun and blow part of your arm/hand away?
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Once more from the top...

You want a .357 magnum? Get a .357 magnum.

What, it wasn't clear enough in the "Experts" forum?[8D]
  • Options
    haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    Just get a factory loaded 357 round, and put it in a 38 special revolver, and finish getting it in there with a hammer.

You don't load anything into anything that isn't exactly what it is supposed to be. Don't play engineer if you don't have the degree and test equipment to back it up. It probably wouldn't hurt anything to do it in a strong gun, but five years from now you forgot you put all that powder in those little cases, and blow up a gun, your fingers, your face, or your kids fingers and face. There is a reason that 357 case won't fit in a 38 special gun.

And people wonder why I don't shoot other people's reloads.
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine reloads 44Mags for his sons S&W and his Desert Eagle. Only thing he reloads is his cast bullets but has two different loads, one for the wheel gun which is loaded considerable less than the max he loads for the DE. He marks the boxes plainly and the primers red on the hot loads. When his grandson visited recently he grabe a box of ammo and the desert eagle to let him plink awhile. Grandson came in and said the gun was not working right. Grandpa went out tried a few rounds, and the gun just would not function got mad and then noticed the shells were not marked. No if those loads are dangerous you've got a problem.
  • Options
    scaliwag007scaliwag007 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree, just get a good .357 mag!
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    My Brother (R.I.P.) loaded .357 ammo for his Mod. 60 .38 Special, many years ago.

I still have 5 boxes of it.

Although he shot hundreds of rounds of it through his 60, with never an incident, I'm waiting until I get another 27, to use it.

I won't use it in my Mod 60.

But DAMN - did that stuff flash and roar outta the little snubby !!

Doug