In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

284 Winchester

338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
Does anyone have a load for the 284 Winchester using Hornady 139 gr. bullets and IMR 4831 powder? Loads to be used in a Savage model 99. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Has anyone got a good hunting load for a Savage 99 Winchester 284 caliber? I would like to start reloading for this rifle and caliber. Any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    20gabob20gabob Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My book shows a starting load of 51 gr up to maximum of 56.5gr for velocity of 3010 fps @ 51000cup. Hope that helps. Taken out of lee reloading manual.
  • Options
    20gabob20gabob Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BEING AS IT IS FOR A 99 SAVAGE I WOULD PROBABLY STAY TOWARD THE LOWER END OF THE CHARGE WEIGHT. BOB
  • Options
    rp85rp85 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hello;

just a heads up. reloaded for 3 different sav. 99, all in .308. using standard sizing dies is hopeless. had to use small base dies. even with small base dies, could not load to max. cases would stick in chamber if loads were pushed to hard.

rp