In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Weird 45 ACP brass

calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
I am just starting to reload but I have been picking up brass at the range everytime I go. I deprimed all of my 45 ACP today and as I was putting them in the blocks, I noticed that some of them have a smaller primer pocket. The headstamp is WIN NT 45 AUTO. Can anybody tell me about this? Why does it have a smaller primer pocket? And can it be reamed out to fit a large pistol primer?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    NON TOXIC loading for indoor regulations in some areas . I just chunk them in the trash because I use a progressive reloader . but you can load with small pistol primers like those in most 38Special cases. no need to ream to large size.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. They're going in the garbage.
  • Options
    chaneydchaneyd Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I throw them in a can and when someone wants a box here and there, load them up knowing I won't get them back. Saves my own brass for my use.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chaneyd
    I throw them in a can and when someone wants a box here and there, load them up knowing I won't get them back. Saves my own brass for my use.

Good idea, but right now I am only loading rounds with large pistol primers so isn't worth it to me to save stuff that uses small pistol primers.