In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

dillon strong mount / roller arm

mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a 550b, is it worth getting the strong mount and roller arm?

What experiences do you all have that would help make this decision?

Comments

• BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I built my bench high enough that I couldn't use the strong mount. I like the bullet tray being right there it saves time. The roller handle is great! I have loaded thousands and thousands of rounds on my 550 and for me the standard handle made the palm of my hand sore. The roller handle saves strain on your hand and wrist.
  • macabestmacabest Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have the roller handle so can't speak to that. I do have the strong mount.. I like it. I can sit on a stool or stand at the bench and load. it does make a bigger footprint on the bench. I guess it depends on how tall your bench is and if you want to stand or sit.
    Msrc
  • MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The strong mount gets the press up to the right level on the average bench. I have ordered the roller arm, it seems like it will be a much more natural grip and action when putting a lot of rounds through the press.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife bought the strong mount and roller handle for my XL 650 and they work great. The handle makes it especially smooth.