In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Nosler or Norma Brass

hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
Which would be the bettr brass for a 280 Remington to load for maximum consistency and accuracy from shot to shot? Thank You

Comments

• sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My understanding is that Nosler is made by Norma. Good brass either way.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Norma is somwhat soft,..but great brass. Nosler is supposed to be made by them,..with drilled flash holes etc. I can't see it being made by Norma for that price,..but I could be wrong.

The only way to know FOR SURE,..is to have a batch of both side by side for comparison. I am running Norma brass in my 280AI,..but I purchased it before the Nosler brass was available. I have some 300RUM Nosler on order and I will report on it's consistency when I can evaluate it.

Look hard at RWS if it is available.
  • MtnloverMtnlover Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Starting with premium brass, either Norma or Nosler, will probably give you a leg up on bulk brass, like Win or Rem. You can get excellent groups with bulk brass; it just takes lots of time reworking the brass before you start loading (outside neck turning, primer pocket squaring, overall length trimming, etc.). You will also have to maintain overall dimensions and test for neck clearance as you reload any brass, since it flows forward at each shot. Sinclair Intl. is a good source for tools to help you do this.