In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Modifying an AR-15 clip

rudyjrudyj Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
Has any one ever modified an AR-15 clip to work in a mini 14 or is there any chance at all it might work?

Comments

• Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Well drilling the hole in the front would be no problem.

Adding the lug to the back of the mag might be an issue.

There was a company about 8-10 years ago made a combo mag that fit both.

Since Ruger is selling factory mags again I see less of a point. I know they are not cheep, but they WORK unlike most of the aftermarket stuff.
  • Options
    rudyjrudyj Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats kind of my thought Nwcid, the hole is no problem, and i think I might have a solution to the lug. The Ruger mags that work best are Ruger proprietary. I am just kicking around the idea of an AR clip since they are so readily available, Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ram line made mags that were supposed to work in Mini's and AR's, I have 2 or 3 new in pkg ones that I bought during the 'panic buys' of Clinton. Never used them so I can't say how they work, being RAMLine probably poor side of good to great. So to answer your question, yes it could be done but why bother?