In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shooting characteristics???

dinks230dinks230 Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
Hey all,

Bought myself a new RCBS loader for Christmas and I'm curious. Reloading my own will be a new venture for me. I'm shopping for 357 JHP 158gr. Ive been looking on GB for bullets and I'm finding what appear to be identical ones made by different manufacturers. Will there be any difference in performance if I buy the same bullet from say Speer and from Winchester.

Tnx

Comments

• ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is like the FORD vs CHEVY debate. Just grab whatever is the cheapest out of the two and shoot it. See what they do and then decide.
  • dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    I shoot 357 magnum & 44 magnum. May I recommend the 158 gr JHP by Ranier - sells at Cabelas. Nice bullet with a great price.
  • dinks230dinks230 Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you LOCO, I'll give them a try. And I can get them at the Cabelas in Wheeling WV with a Sunday afternoon drive instead of waiting on the UPS man to show a week from now.
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    dcloco: I'm going to be loading a lot of .357 & .44 Mag. - both SWG - what do you - OR - do you use a couple of jacketed rounds to 'clean' out the tube after a session of lead slugs. I want to load some up and I can't find any of my old notes. As I recall a couple of hot ones was all it took.

Scott