In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Best price on 9mm components for reloading?

PensfanPensfan Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
I think I have settled on the following load for my CZ SP-01 9mm in Production Class competition shooting. Of course I have to run a few hundred rounds through my particular firearm to see how it actually performs, but that is another matter. :)

Zero 9mm 124gr FMJ bullets over 4.0gr of Tite Group with Federal 100 Primers = should be around 1050fps = 130 PF

Now I have found a good source for the Zero bullets from Angus' website, and brass from Brassman.com. Now I just need to find the best prices on the powder and primers. Any help out there?

Thanks!

;)

Comments

• CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are buying in bulk Midway has some pretty good prices on powders. Not sure if they carry Titegroup, but worth a look none the less.

BTW, Fantastic gun. I have a limited production run in 40S&W. Love it everytime I hold it.

Best of luck!
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just did a quick walk through at our Sportmans Warehouse. Titegroup is $14.50lb. Not sure how much little you'd pay for a keg.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    unless you are buying in very large quantities the hazmatt charge will kill you, and you will pay more than if you walked into a retail store, you are better off buying it at a gun show, or finding someone at the range who reloads, and can order from zanders, i pay 90 bucks for an 8# jug of tightgroup, and 92 bucks per 5,000 of primers

there is a gun show in belleville jan 13-14

you can buy bullets from these guy very cheap, and pick them up downtown stl. on Broadway, last time i bought 10,000 from them for 400 bucks carried to my car, and they where speer 124 fmj's

http://www.iidbs.com/hitech.zkb
    ask for Steve
  • PensfanPensfan Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks 1911a1fan!

I called them and the best price they had on 124gr was $51/1000 (when buying 10K). Still not a bad price at all.

[;)]
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Powder valley has good prices on that stuff too.
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never owned a 9mm so don't load for it. My brother who owns one has stopped loading and even sold his dies I think because he can buy it about as cheap as he can load it. Same with the .223 Remington's (AR 15 clones) he has.
    edited November -1
    Yeah reloading 9mm doesn't get as cheap as some other calibers that is sure. However my wife and I shoot over 2500 rounds per month these days and in that volume, it is definitely cheaper to reload.

Not to mention we both shoot competitively so creating a round tailored to match our pistols and the recoil we like is the big reason.

;)
  • SW 357MagSW 357Mag Member Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1911A1, that is a VERY nice site. I was about to fork over $31 for 250 Hornady 30 cal bullets. These guys have 30 cals for $55 a 1,000. Thank you very much!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SW 357Mag
    1911A1, that is a VERY nice site. I was about to fork over $31 for 250 Hornady 30 cal bullets. These guys have 30 cals for $55 a 1,000. Thank you very much!

no problem, those guys are a class act all the way, i have shot with the entire family, a very good group of people, i cannot say enough about them
    edited November -1
    So 1911a1fan... Are you here in St. Louis? Maybe we can hit the range together some time.

;)
    edited November -1
    east side, {hangs head in shame of living in IL}
    edited November -1
    haha... Out in West St. Louis County myself. We are about as far as possible from each other and still say we live in the Metro St. Louis area. :)

Are you going to the Belleville show this weekend? I might head out there on Sunday to see if there are any decent reloading supplies available.

[;)]
    edited November -1
    not this time, still suffering from Christmas, you can usually get a sleeve of primers{5,000} there for 92 bucks, and some decent prices on powder

what range do you go to for i.d.p.a style competition?
    edited November -1
    I hear you about the recovery period. Santa was really good the Mrs Pensfan and our Daughter, which means I have no real spare fun money.

I was hoping to find some reloading supplies though so I think I am still going to try and head over first thing in the morning on Saturday or maybe Sunday. Is it a decent show for those types of goods?
    edited November -1
    Oh yeah... shooting competitions. I shoot USPSA and club matches right now. No IDPA yet. I shoot in Arnold/Imperial just south of St. Louis. In the spring I am hoping to hot some big events like maybe the Region 3 big events.

Should be a blast!

;)
    edited November -1
    i shot steel their twice last summer, thinking about joining the club this year

i thought you shot at an indoor range as well
    edited November -1
    Yeah I shoot regularly at Top Gun down there. I joined a couple of months ago and have been shooting in there Thursday night members matches. I think I'll be joining that outdoor club as well this year once the spring shooting rolls around.

Maybe we can catch each other at a range soon and kill some paper together.

[8D]
    edited November -1
    never been to top gun, i went to high caliber, and got what i thought was a raw deal when it came time to post the scores on the net, i beat rick firebaugh by something like ten seconds, and i think it made someone mad

i live about 9 miles from a range i frequent, they shoot bowling pins on Sunday for free, doesn't take long, only about 20-30 people show up, good group of guys
    edited November -1
    Damn... that sucks. What a crappy way to run a business. Then again that might be the same mentality that led to him shutting his doors. They are out of business.

If you ever make it just a mile south of that place, check out Top Gun. First class people and a nice place to shoot.

;)