In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

EBay Brass Ban: Where Do We Go Now?

acblynchacblynch Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
On 8/18-07 I won several EBay auctions for once-fired brass only to have EBay cancel the auctions. So, the ban is in effect. Ebay has been a good place to buy and sell reloading components such as brass and bullets. I havent found much on the existing online firearms auction pages.
Does anyone have any ideas be able to direct me to a site?

Comments

• CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe a little place called www.gunbroker.com??

Just a guess.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello the policy change by eBay may be a good thing for the other Auction sites that are gun friendly. I admit I used eBay in the past because it would get me many more bids at higher prices then other sites but lets hope in the future their lost will be our gain .
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you can buy off the net at any number of wholesalers cheaper than e-bay brass was going for anyway.

If you want to hit an auction,..this one here is pretty damn big and prices seem to run a bit better[8]
  • dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will be selling my brass on gunbroker from now on. I hope to put up some auctions tomorrow.

Tim
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with JustC. It was getting to be rare when you could find a deal on brass. I did just buy 5 bags of 25WSSM about two months ago for about 12 bucks a bag. When I looked at ebay's policy....it says NO FIREARMS PARTS or ACCESSORIES. I still see reloading dies on there though.

My two favorite places to buy are www.wideners.com and www.grafs.com. Sometimes I find a good deal at MidwayUSA.

Forgot, I always drive there, www.gunstop.com

EDIT:

I have bought a number of guns here on GB from both multiple relists one-of-a-kind-at-the-time items. As much as I say it's a pain in the butt to sort through multiple relists sometimes I think they still need to be allowed to sell their wares here. Sell them the same as everyone else. If you start a small fee to list then they will go away and other folks won't have a chance to buy that rifle someday. Now is not the time to start restricting things here. If you get too many guns when you look at auctions then add criteria to your search. Search by caliber or sort by state or whatever you do add something and that knocks out a whole bunch.
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have not banned everything. It is for items required to fire a bullet.
    Triggers, firing pins, bolts, brass cases and bullets etc.
    They will still sell scopes, stocks, and non firing parts.
    I wish they would ban all things that have to do with firearms so other sites could settle in to be e-liberal-Bay-Frei!

One way that would help Gunbroker would be to start using an insertion fee.
    That would clear out all the insanely over priced never going to sell how stupid do you think we are anyway- prices that keep rerunning.
    I get annoyed that I have to look through many pages that have no bids because some idiot wants twice what every business sells that for with 3 times the shipping charge.
    These ridiculous asking prices insult our community and a modest insertion fee per item would end that practice.

IMO

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    + one on Wuffmann I have sold brass and ammo on this site but always put a listing that does NOT auto RELIST I have never bough a gun on this site because there is no way to cull out what gun has been listed over and over again .I dont have hours to look through the thousands of items to find a seller that is listing a item the first time and will sell for a fair price. I love the penny auction on another site Never look at RESERVE or even NO-RESERVE at this site because most of these have inflated starting price. I have never met the man but JACK THE DOG on the site with penny auctions has some great items and they all sell at a fair price.I would be willing to pay to list an item sell or no sell but to auto relist 50 times [xx(][xx(]
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I had a watch on two Ruger Mini-14 GB folding stocks on that D**M ANTI-GUN site. They were on the watch list until today, then just disappeared. Sent them a email, but don't expect a answer. They seem to cancel firearm parts anytime they feel like it.
  • YoshiYoshi Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The E in Ebay stands for EVIL.
    EvilBay.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree that GB needs to do something about reatil listings to sort the real people auctions from free retail advertising. It takes too long on dial up to find stuff that is a true auction. One third of the nation is still on dail up.

With that said; it is imperative we support pro-gun sites to keep the fight alive. List your brass here with a reasonable starting bid, it will sell.

I canceled my ebay account and closed it. I do not cotton kindly to being lumped into the same group of dangerous people buying dangerous stuff as mass murderers.
  • e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Midway reloading supplies has Brass and anything else You might need.
    The Brass prices are not bad compared to what I find in the shops around here.