In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

claybuster wads

sirgknightsirgknight Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
are claybuster wads good to use in winchester high brass hulls? I'm loading 1 1/8 oz (12ga) just for practice shooting. what's the difference in claybusters and, let's say, AA'S?

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    c.b.'s=aa whites. all win compresion formed hulls are supposed to be the same vol.
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike, is that Anzio Annie?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    it seemed that they were the same as winaa12. thanks mike.
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used claybuster for years as a substitute for AA's and they worked just fine for me, both high base and low base.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ordered 1,000 for $14 + $5 shipping. they came in yesterday and look pretty descent. cant beat the price!!! my local supplier gets $6.49/250 wads. that relates to $25.96 + 7% tax, plus two hours driving and $11.00 worth of gas. going by our local prices, the internet is the ONLY way to go to save on reloading supplies, even when having to pay the hazmat fee.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Although I don't load high base shells I have used Claybuster wads for 20 years and they have always been great. Both in AA and STS hulls.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't remember if they were claybuster or not but I got hold of some el cheapo wads a few years ago that wouldn't seal the bore when cold and/or the cup broke up when fired after being carried in a vest in cold weather.
  • Options
    n4571cn4571c Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Claybusters are a favorite of mine for skeet and quail. Soft, open early, more fingers. Unfortunately not always obtainable here. Works well in Winc, Rem, Fed!
  • Options
    sotheresothere Member Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Used a ton of them in 12 and 20ga.AA's and Federal paper.Trap and skeet.+1 on the open early.Great wad