In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Electric case feeder for Dillon XL650

veemaxveemax Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
Hi,
I have a Dillon with an electric case feeder completely set up for .222Rem.
The feeder plate in the feeder is the Small Rifle plate.
If I put 100 cases into the feeder and switch it on, there are of course cases picked up from the feeder the wrong way around.
The feeder throws these cases, which otherwise would have come upside down into the feeder tube, over the funnel on the floor.
Is there a remedy to prevent this?
Wether low speed or high speed does not make any difference.
Kind regards,
Paul Tummers.

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never had this problem using the 650's or 1050's but the smallest case I have loaded in rifle is .223. You might try cutting a piece of cardboard and putting it over the hopper and attaching it with a strip of tape or something. Give Dillon a call and ask them. They are very helpful. I just remembered your are in the Netherlands. Try and email them from their website. A call may cost you a bit much. www.dillonprecision.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you, I'll mail them.
    Actually the .223 case is just as long as the .222, but, due to its shorter neck, even more prone to malfunction because, theoretically, the weight is more evenly spread over the length of the case, thus making the chance bigger to get cases picked-up the wrong way around by the feeder plate .
    How do you set-up the feeder, with/without the spacer ring under the feeder plate, with/without the white insert in the funnel?
    Regards,
    Paul Tummers.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't actually tell you how they are set as they are not my machines. I use a 550 at home and I load for a friend of mine that has the 650's and 1050's. I don't recall but maybe 1 or 2 upside down cases in the last six years.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, then there is hope for me.
    I mailed to Dillon-tech, explained the problem and hope they can tell me what there must be changed to have this thing working the way I think it should do.
    Kind Regards,
    Paul Tummers.