In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Berdan primers?

shooter93shooter93 Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
this may sound strange...but I'm looking for a supplier of new brass that requires berdan primers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im not sure if any current manufactures have berdan primed cases new. If im right your only gonna find them in surplus army stores. What caliper are you looking for? Im guessing some 7.62 cartridge?
  • konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But i do know that CCI made some. Maybe they still do. Id check with them. http://www.cci-ammunition.com/default.asp?menu=1&s1=1&s2=4
  • shooter93shooter93 Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually it could be several calibers depending on what's available. I've been told they still use them in many sporting cartridges over there but I haven't located a supplier.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello be aware that Berdan primers like Boxer primers came in different sizes and Pistol as well as Rifle The rifle primer may not go off in a pistol cartridge because the cup is thicker[:0] and the pistol primer may blow[B)] when used in a rifle. The aluminum cases CCI "BLAZER" ammo used berdan primers but I don't think they or anyone else sold primers in the correct size[:(]. This along with the fact that a depriming tool has to be adjusted correctly or you will damage the anvil in the case[:(]. My suggestion is if you have a bunch of primers sell them on this site or others "flea-bay" I am sure someone with a drilling in berdan primed case size would love to have them[:p]
    edited November -1
    Oh I'm aware of the different sizes and problems but I'd still like to find the brass.
  • dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I might be able to help you if you are looking for 7.62 x 25, 7.62 x 39, 8 x 57, .308 or .30-06 and can use once fired brass.

Tim
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What brass do you need. I have some 8x57 turkish brass that still has the unfired corrosive berdan primer in them. Your welcome to them if you want to pay the shipping.
    edited November -1
    Thanks...but I'm actually looking for smaller rimmed cartridges like 222 rimmed, their equivalent of the 357 maximum...those kind of things. It's turned into quite a hunt.I thought I could find a Europen or Australian supplier but haven't yet so if anyone finds one kindly let me know. thanks again