In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

JustC...Wipe Out Question...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
Which Wipe Out product do you use??? I just got in some Flush Out and some Accelerator...but not the regular Wipe Out. Is the Copper Solvent you are referring to, just the plain Wipe Out? Is it aerosol, foaming or gel??? Thanks!

Eric

Comments

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wipe-out is a foam. I purchased some of the accelerator,..but don't really notice any difference other than the pleasant orange smell.

I use a sinclair cleaning cradle, which allows the muzzle to be slightly lower than the breach. This ensures the drainage leaves the action area for the muzzle. I leave the foam in until the next day,...just fill the bore and walk away,..simple as that.

here is the cradle,..notice the trash can on the floor where the chemical drips from the muzzle into the trash can with a wal-mart bag inside of it as a small trash bag. When you come back the next day,...patch out with several tight patches, then go to Kroil or run some montana extreme 50BMG if you really want to see if there is any copper left, but I rarely find any.

101_1217.jpg

here is what it looks like,........see all the BLUE, not green,..that's serious copper disolving power.

101_1242.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    here is another trick,...

you need a straw from Mickey dees. they are fatter than the other fast food places. Place the straw over the nozzle on the can, and tape it in place. The straw fills in the neck better, and is also flexable. I leave the straw stuck in the chamber/neck with the can attached to it as it expands. If you pull the straw out right after the foam exits the muzzle, the foam will expand back into the chamber and action. That might deteriorate bedding or lubrication, so I leave the straw and can stuck in the chamber neck for a while. Just get something to sit the can on so it doesn't pull the straw out of the neck.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, I have been wanting to try it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC
    here is another trick,...

you need a straw from Mickey dees. they are fatter than the other fast food places. Place the straw over the nozzle on the can, and tape it in place. The straw fills in the neck better, and is also flexable. I leave the straw stuck in the chamber/neck with the can attached to it as it expands. If you pull the straw out right after the foam exits the muzzle, the foam will expand back into the chamber and action. That might deteriorate bedding or lubrication, so I leave the straw and can stuck in the chamber neck for a while. Just get something to sit the can on so it doesn't pull the straw out of the neck.

They make a special nozzle with a hose and breach plug that you can order separately. I ordered one with my last order...unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding the foaming wipe out...